Recipe by JanetB-KY
Yummy, easy pie..nice lemon flavor, smooth texture. This comes from a Pillsbury cookbook I have had for a few years. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell (homemade or pre made; either works fine)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml water
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks, sligtly beaten
- 113.39 g cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 9.85 ml grated lemons, rind of (originally called for 1)
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake your pie shell until golden brown; cool completely.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute, still stirring.
- Remove from heat; add cream cheese and lemon peel, stirring well until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth; cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form; fold in lemon mixture.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell;cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with extra whipped cream.