Yummy, easy pie..nice lemon flavor, smooth texture. This comes from a Pillsbury cookbook I have had for a few years. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- Bake your pie shell until golden brown; cool completely.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Boil one minute, still stirring.
- Remove from heat; add cream cheese and lemon peel, stirring well until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth; cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form; fold in lemon mixture.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell;cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with extra whipped cream.
Nice recipe. Thanks! I'm glad you changed the zest to 2 tsp. I think one would not have been enough. I used #93312, an easy no roll pie crust.
I started the day wanting to make lemon meringue pie, but after a series of "accidents" remembered that I had this in my cookbook and all the ingredients, so made this instead. Despite messing this up, forgot to soften the cream cheese so had little bits that looked like cottage cheese. Forgot the egg yolks, so added it later than called for. And still this turned out wonderfully delicious! Topped it with whipped cream. Thank you for saving my day! My SIL said this was her kind of dessert!! Next time I promise to do this correctly. LOL.
Yep! The taste test was right on, J.! This pie is yummie, and then some! I just used a "pre-fab" crust cause I happened to have one baked, so it made this easy recipe even easier! Love the lemony flavor! Thanks for sharing a real winner ... I'll be making this one again, for sure! Laudee