1/1 Photo of Lemon-Flavored Quinoa Salad
Vino p.o. prn's Note:
This has become one of my all time favorite recipes!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (or the equivalent dried amount)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1Rinse the quinoa in a strainer.
- 2In a medium saucepan heat the quinoa and water to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, about 15 minutes. Drain any extra water and set aside.
- 4While the quinoa is cooking, make the dressing. Whisk together the garlic, tahini, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil. Add the hot water to thin and then add the salt.
- 5Toss the cooked quinoa, beans, cilantro, red onion, and half of the dressing. Add more dressing if desired and season with additional salt to taste.
- 6Serve garnished with fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Flavored Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 919.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of