1/6 Photos of Lemon-Filled Ginger Scones
You can use a homemade lemon curd for these, or just one you bought - they really impress guests... From my lovely "Breast Wishes" cookbook http://www.breastfriends.ca/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter, then stir in buttermilk and ginger. Form into a ball, then divide in half.
- 2Line a pie plate or pan with greased foil. Place half the dough on foil and pat into a 7 inch circle, creating a pie crust effect.
- 3Cover with lemon curd, then cover with other circle.
- 4Fold up edges and seal really well, then sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Bake at 400 F for 20 - 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Filled Ginger Scones
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: