You can use a homemade lemon curd for these, or just one you bought - they really impress guests... From my lovely "Breast Wishes" cookbook http://www.breastfriends.ca/
- Mix flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter, then stir in buttermilk and ginger. Form into a ball, then divide in half.
- Line a pie plate or pan with greased foil. Place half the dough on foil and pat into a 7 inch circle, creating a pie crust effect.
- Cover with lemon curd, then cover with other circle.
- Fold up edges and seal really well, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 - 25 minutes.