Recipe by Cadillacgirl
You can use a homemade lemon curd for these, or just one you bought - they really impress guests... From my lovely "Breast Wishes" cookbook http://www.breastfriends.ca/
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
We'd give more stars if we could! The lemon and ginger coupled with the sprinkle (mine was a heavy sprinkle ;)) of sugar on top was the perfect combination of sweet and tart. It was so easy to make too, but looks very impressive. Mine took 30 minutes to bake in my oven and the only thing I'll do differently next time is not use a deep-dish pie plate. A baking sheet will provide ample room for your fingers to grasp the dough underneath to pull it up & seal it. I think I'd also pat the bottom about 8 inches around to give a little extra dough to pull up on. But those are very minor details for convenience sake. :) Thanks for sharing this recipe, Cadillacgirl. We already can't wait to try this technique with other flavor combos! :D Made & enjoyed for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄3 cup lemon curd
- sugar, to sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter, then stir in buttermilk and ginger. Form into a ball, then divide in half.
- Line a pie plate or pan with greased foil. Place half the dough on foil and pat into a 7 inch circle, creating a pie crust effect.
- Cover with lemon curd, then cover with other circle.
- Fold up edges and seal really well, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 - 25 minutes.