Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are simply wonderful
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- in bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar.then add vanilla.mix well.
- gradually add flour, mix well to combine --
- cover and refrigerate 30 minutes --
- roll into 1" balls.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.using the end of a wooden spoon handle.make an indentation in center of each cookie --
- bake at 350* for 12-14 minutes or lightly browned --
- remove to rack to cool completely.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and salt in saucepan --
- stir in beaten egg, lemon juice and butter till smooth.
- cook over medium heat till thickened.
- reduce heat, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- spoon 1/2 tsp of filling into each cookie.
- dust with powdered sugar.
Yummy cookies...I love anything lemon...next time I will add some lemon extract to the cookies too! Thanks for posting!