Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't remember where I first saw this recipe but it has become one of our favorites! It is so simple and even my picky kids like it-of course without the green onions!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the chicken in a 13-by-9-2-inch nonstick baking dish and drizzle with half the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with half the oregano and all the pepper.
- Top with the cheese and green onion.
- Drizzle with the remaining lemon juice and oregano.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until done.
Excellent. I was a little worried about the lemon being overpowering, but it blended so well with the feta, oregano and pepper. We kept it covered the whole time, and it was not too dry. Especially for the low calories, this was a great way to cook chicken. I will definitely make again.
I'm not a big lemon fan but this looked tasty. It was easy to put together & did taste good but the chicken came out kind of dry-I think because it was covered the whole time. I might try this again & uncover the pan halfway through so there's more of a moist texture. Left out the green onions as well. Thanks for sharing!