Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
This recipe came from a Cooking Light magazine. We liked it. It is different from the normal lemon squares we are all used to but still quite good. It only has 24.5 carbs and 2.5 g of protein so it still works.
- 5 5⁄8 ounces flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 earl grey tea, bags divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- To prepare crust, line an 8 inch square etal baking pan with foil that extends 2 inches beyond sides of pan; coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine 5.6 ounces flour, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp tea leaves from 1 tea bag (discar4d the tea remaining in the bag) and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two table knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press into bottom of prepared pan and Bake at 350 for 19 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To prepare fillilng:.
- Place juice in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add remaining 1 tea bag to juice. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Squeeze juice from tea bag into bowl and discard tea bag.
- Combine granulated sugar, 2 tbsp flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add rind and eggs to juice.
- Stir with a whisk until combined well.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Pour filling onto hot crust.
- Bake at 350 for 23 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan by lifting foil.
- Remove foil
- Cut into 16 bar4s.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp powde4red sdugar.