Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
An interesting dessert from Paula Deen. She served these in a martini glass and it looked so elegant.
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 cup finely crushed lemon drop candy
- 1 (1 lb) prepared angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup limoncello or 1⁄2 cup other lemon liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- Moisten rims of 10 individual dessert glasses with lemon wedge. Place crushed candy on a small shallow plate. Holding glasses at an angle, roll rims of glasses in crushed candy.
- Arrange cake cubes in serving glasses. Sprinkle with desired amount of liqueur.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, lemon juice and lemon curd; whisk until smooth. Drizzle cream mixture over cake. Chill up to 30 minutes. Garnish with remaining crushed candy, if desired.
Lovely trifle! For some odd reason, I couldn't find lemon drops anywhere (I tried 4 different places), so I had to sub in some Mexican Selz candy that tastes like lemon-lime soda -- tasted fine, but not as pretty as real yellow lemon drops would've been (these candies are whitish-clear). To offset the white candies, I grated some fresh lemon zest over the trifle as well. I didn't want to fill the fridge with a bunch of breakable glasses of trifle, so I just made one in a little individual-size dish for me, and put the rest into a large glass dish. I used Charlotte J's Homemade Lemon Curd for the curd, and limoncello for the liqueur. Sorry, the pics don't do this justice, but very yummy all the same! Thanks for posting! Made for The Honeys for ZWT8