Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pucker up with a lemon shake by blending vanilla ice cream with lemonade. Add sparkle to the glass rims with crushed lemon drop candies and sugar. I'm guessing at the time because I'm not sure how long it will take to crush the candies.
- 1⁄2 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons crushed lemon drop candies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemonade
- Rub rim of 6 juice-size glasses with one lemon slice.
- In a shallow dish combine combine crushed lemon drops and sugar; dip glass rims in mixture; set aside.
- In a blender combine ice cream and lemonade. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour ice cream mixture into glasses.
- Top with remaining lemon slices.
- Makes 6 (2/3 cup) servings.
Yummy shakes!!! I love lemon in all things, lol, and this was very light on the lemon flavor but still so refreshing. I could imagine how great it was for Ceezie to add strawberries/fruit to this shake!! I used a mini chopper to grind up the lemon drops and that took some time compared to other things I use it for but quite fun!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Photo Tag Game.
We had this a couple of ways ... one as written and then one with strawberries, raspberries and with currant jelly mixed in. All were great!
What a superb recipe! This really hit the spot on a hot summer's afternoon! I used British-style lemonade (fizzy) and the fizz added the perfect amount of sparkle! Thanks for a definite keeper!