Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tart and delicious, sweet and lemony. Go easy on these! Recipe courtesy "What's Cooking America"
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 4 -5 ice cubes
- superfine sugar, for the martini glass rim
- lemon twist
- Chill martini glasses in freezer for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Place Vodka, Triple Sec, lemon juice and sugar into a cocktail shaker with 4-5 ice cubes and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Run the lemon twist around the edge of the chilled martini glass and dunk in a small amount of sugar for a coated rim.
- Pour the strained martini into the chilled glasses and serve.
Super delicious! I was trying to duplicate a Lemon Drop cocktail that I had at a restaurant recently, and this came pretty close. As written it was a little too tart for me, so I added one ounce of simple syrup which made it just right. Heading back to the kitchen to make another!
The perfect Lemon Drop! I've tried many different recipes but this is the only one that comes out exactly perfect every time. Just like the professional bartenders make.
Amazingly good lemon drop! We added extra sugar to balance the tart and shook the drink with lots of ice for a couple of min to dilute it just a bit. It does make 2 smallish drinks, so either serve in mini martini glasses or double the recipe. Thanks Denise for a wonderful recipe! Update - Oops, forgot to rate it!