Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
For the Cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (adding additional flour in 1/4 cup increments until you get a nice looking dough that is neither too)
For the Glaze
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, beating after each addition and beating until all is combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Add egg mixture to creamed mixture, stirring until it is well combined.
- Add flour to mixture, mixing well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet 3-inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes or until firm.
- Prepare glaze while cookies are baking.
- While cookies are still warm, brush tops with glaze.
- Cool on wire rack.
I liked the flavor real well, but couldn't get the consistency of the dough correct. I added rosemary and didn't do the glaze. They were fun!
They were very tasty. The glaze was not necessary, but it did taste good on them.
Definitely needs the glaze.