My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemons, rind of
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (adding additional flour in 1/4 cup increments until you get a nice looking dough that is neither too)
For the Glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar; add lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, beating after each addition and beating until all is combined.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together egg, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- 4Add egg mixture to creamed mixture, stirring until it is well combined.
- 5Add flour to mixture, mixing well.
- 6Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet 3-inches apart.
- 7Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes or until firm.
- 8Prepare glaze while cookies are baking.
- 9While cookies are still warm, brush tops with glaze.
- 10Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: