Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Stir the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into the milk and let it sit for about 5 minutes or so.
- In bowl, beat butter with mixer on medium high speed until softened (about half a minute).
- Add half of the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon peel, egg and milk mixture to the butter.
- Beat till completely combined.
- Beat in remaining flour.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoons full spacing cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 10-12 minutes or till edges are slightly browned.
- Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Stir remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice into the remaining sugar and brush mixture on cookies.