Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
- Stir the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into the milk and let it sit for about 5 minutes or so.
- In bowl, beat butter with mixer on medium high speed until softened (about half a minute).
- Add half of the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon peel, egg and milk mixture to the butter.
- Beat till completely combined.
- Beat in remaining flour.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoons full spacing cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 10-12 minutes or till edges are slightly browned.
- Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Stir remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice into the remaining sugar and brush mixture on cookies.
These were very yummy! I used margarine instead of the unsalted butter and they still turned out really well! The cookie dough didn't seem real lemony, but with the lemon glaze they had a wonderful flavor. I will definitely make these again!
I did like these, but they weren't as lemony as I was excpecting. Also, I had to make a lot more glaze to have enough. And mine only mae about 20 cookies, but I seem to always have that problem with cookie recipes, I guess I always make them too big, lol. What can I say? Who doesn't love a huge cookie.