Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sunset, Jan 2008. Note marination time.
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, tips trimmed off
- In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine vodka, lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Add the chicken wings and mix to coat. Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a 9- by 13-in. baking pan with two layers of foil. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the pan, and pour the marinade evenly over all.
- Bake until meat is well browned and pulling away from the bone, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm.