1/8 Photos of Lemon Drop Candy Cookies
These cookies are Fantastic! Crushed lemon drop candies just make these cookies burst with flavor. This recipe makes quite a bit of cookies and half were inhaled by my family by the end of the day. The recipe orginated by a lady named Ann Orton who was trying to duplicate a recipe that she had had at a restaurant in Salt Lake City. I have no idea what the originals tasted like, but these cookies would be hard to beat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 finely chopped lemon, zest of
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon drop candies, crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In mixing bowl cream sugar, shortening and eggs; add extracts.
- 3Stir in dry ingredients, lemon zest and crushed lemon drops.
- 4Roll into 1-inch balls, flatten slightly and bake on parchment-lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- 5Note: Cooking spray works well too.
- 6Let cool slightly on pan 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Make a glaze by mixing powdered sugar with lemon juice; then brush lightly over cookie tops. Let cookies cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Drop Candy Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1885.1
- Calories from Fat 736
- Total Fat 81.7 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 1263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 269.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 157.1 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of