1/8 Photos of Lemon Drop Candy Cookies
These cookies are Fantastic! Crushed lemon drop candies just make these cookies burst with flavor. This recipe makes quite a bit of cookies and half were inhaled by my family by the end of the day. The recipe orginated by a lady named Ann Orton who was trying to duplicate a recipe that she had had at a restaurant in Salt Lake City. I have no idea what the originals tasted like, but these cookies would be hard to beat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 finely chopped lemon, zest of
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon drop candies, crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In mixing bowl cream sugar, shortening and eggs; add extracts.
- 3Stir in dry ingredients, lemon zest and crushed lemon drops.
- 4Roll into 1-inch balls, flatten slightly and bake on parchment-lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- 5Note: Cooking spray works well too.
- 6Let cool slightly on pan 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Make a glaze by mixing powdered sugar with lemon juice; then brush lightly over cookie tops. Let cookies cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Drop Candy Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1885.1
- Calories from Fat 736
- Total Fat 81.7 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 1263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 269.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 157.1 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of