Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Two of my favorite cakes are Black Russian cakes and a delicious Margarita Cake. I used them as an inspiration for this extremely moist and lemony cake. I made it for a friend's birthday and everyone loved it! For an extra kick you could add a little vodka to the glaze. I found that a cooking spray with flour in it (now sold for baking) was convenient and it worked great at preventing the cake from sticking.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup frozen yellow lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
Lemon Drop Glaze
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup frozen yellow lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, lemonade, eggs, vodka, lemon juice, and water in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat for 4 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer - the batter should be thick and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix lemon juice, lemon zest, and powdered sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Poke holes in top of cake with a large-tined fork and drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
- Dust cake with powdered sugar before serving.