Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This drink is made by the pitcher and is soooo good. I am such a lemon freak. Has a 4 hour chill time.
- 946.36 ml vodka (may use Absolut Citron for a more intense lemon flavor)
- 158.51 ml water
- 158.51 ml fresh lemon juice
- 158.51 ml superfine sugar
- lemon slices or lemon wedge
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a large pitcher (55 oz.).
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Moisten the rim of cocktail glasses with water or lemon juice; dip rim of glasses in granulated sugar.
- Chill glasses in freezer for 1 hour before ready to serve.
- Pour pitcher mixture into prepared glasses; garnish with a lemon slice or wedge.
- **LimeDrop--Substitute fresh lime juice for lemon juice; garnish with lime slices or wedges.
- Orange Drop--Substitute Absolut Mandarin for the plain vodka and 1/8 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed) plus 1/2 cup water for the lemon juice; garnish with orange slice or wedge.
I love lemons and I love this cocktail !!! Rather than rimming my glass with sugar, I broke up lemon Jolly Ranchers in a bag with a hammer. To get the pieces the consistancy of sugar, I pulsed them in the food processor. I've done this with all flavors of J.R.'s to use on many different drink recipes( my favorite is whatermelon on a watermelon martini). Happy imbibing!
Wow! I love Lemon Drops and these were really good, but I must be a light weight. I made them with 3 cups of Vodka the first time, but they were a little to potent. The second time I made these I backed it off to 2 1/2 cups and they were perfect. I can't imagine what they would be like with 4 cups of vodka!
These are my abslute favorite! I usually use Absolut Citron, but also enjoy with Skyy vodka. Thanks for posting!