- 2 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 240 ml milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 300 g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven to gas6.
- Line a muffin tin with cake cases.
- In a bowl mix eggs, sugar, milk and oil.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, salt and add lemon zest.
- Mix roughly.
- Divide the mixture between cake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35minutes or until golden and springy to the touch.
- Make the icing by mixing the lemon juice and icing sugar together.
- At this point i like adding some lemon zest for presentation.
- Drizzle icing over muffins.