Recipe by Karolina_London
This recipe came from Jamie Oliver internet forum. I have not tried it yet.
Top Review by Terri P.
This is a brilliant recipe I have made it several times, using lemon, orange and coconut and every time it is a winner. The texture is similar to Madeira cake, though this cake is gluten free. It is better the next day, although it does not always make it whole to the next day : )
- 1 (410 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon clear honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blitz until they make a paste.
- Add the eggs, sugar, zest of the lemon and juice of half the lemon and blitz until it makes a batter.
- Pour into a well-greased and lined 2lb loaf tin, and cook in a medium oven, 160C, for around 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and drizzle over the honey.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then pour over the juice of the other half of the lemon.
- Leave to cool completely before removing, carefully, from the tin.
- This cake has the texture of Madeira cake, and really doesn't taste of chickpeas. You can also make it with orange and with lime. It will keep for up to a week, but does not freeze well.