Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
One of my favourite cakes, light & refreshing but sweet enough for the sugar fix you need.
Make and share this Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 175 g granulated sugar
- 175 g butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 50 g butter
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 190c/gas 5.grease a 8in cake tin & line the base with greaseproff paper.
- Beat the sugar, butter & zest together until pale& fluffy.Gradually beat in the egg, a little at a time, beating the mixture well after each addition.Sift in the flour & baking powder, then gently fold into the butter mixture, along with the lemon juice.Pour the mixture into the cake tin & smooth the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes. A skewer in the centre shoudl come out clean when its ready,turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing, put the ingrediants in a bowl & beat until they are combined & spreadable.When the cake is cool, ice and decorate.