1 hr 30 mins
Colby's Mom's Note:
A lovely combination of sweet and tart flavors! The glaze on top really adds the punch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters, 4oz)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1/3 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricot
- 1/2 cup dried peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat a 9x5x3" loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Grate 2 1/2 tsp peel from lemon; squeeze 2 1/2 tbsp juice.
- 4Beat margarine, 3/4 cup sugar, egg product, peel, and baking powder in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- 5On low speed, beat in milk, then flour to blend.
- 6Fold in nuts and fruit.
- 7Scrape into pan.
- 8Bake 50-60 minutes until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan o wire rack 5 minutes before inverting on rack; turn top side up.
- 10Place on wax paper.
- 11Pierce bread.
- 12Mix juice and remaining 2 tbsp sugar; brush on bread, letting it soak before adding more.
- 13Let cool.
- 14Cut with a serrated knife to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Dried Fruit Bread
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 136.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g