- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, freshly grated
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- fresh berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg with an electric mixer in a small bowl, until smooth. Spread evenly in bottom of pie crust.
- Using same bowl, beat 1/4 cup sugar, remaining 2 eggs, corn syrup, lemon juice, butter, corn starch and grated lemon peel until well blended. Pour over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over filling.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is puffed and set. Cool on wire rack. To serve, top with whipped cream.