Recipe by WiGal
Divine! Times do not include overnight chilling. Think leftovers could be frozen. And could sub lime juice and zest for lemon, with orange extract instead of lemon extract. If reducing amount, timing needs reducing-4 portions for about 25 minutes.
Top Review by KateL
Finally, a forgiving cheesecake recipe that fits my Kaiser Noblesse 10" springform pan, and comes out perfect! Our "panel" agreed that this was the perfect blend of flavors, that it didn't seem heavy; after 3 eaters and 1 taster tried the cheesecake, only half of the cheesecake remained. I did not plan my time properly, so today's cheesecake missed the 6-hour refrigerator setting time; as a result, the middle of the cheesecake wasn't set, becoming cheesecake pudding -- note that this was totally MY fault, not the recipe's! So I will wait until the next time I make cheesecake -- for it will be with THIS recipe -- to take a proper photo. Thank you for sharing this, WiGal!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 10 inch springform pan and wrap foil on bottom.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar.
- Press onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in cream, juice, flour, zest, extracts, and food coloring if desired.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes OR until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour. Leave sides on pan until serving.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.