Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I moved my mother to a retirement home in June and I am just now going through all of her recipes. This must have been one of my dad's favorites according to the stains on the card. The recipe came from my mom's next door neighbor. On the back of the card is a glaze recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend all ingredients in a large bowl, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until center springs back when touched lightly.
- Spread glaze over warm cake.
- Cool right side up for about 15 minutes.
I didn't have apricot nectar so I blended a can of apricots till smooth and mixed in. It is a very moist, easy and fast cake made with things you usually have on hand. It didn't taste very lemonny but that was ok we loved it anyway. The only other change I made was to make this in a bundt pan.
great cake Mary, I used pear nector in place of apricot which worked great, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
Great texture, very moist, easy to make and sweetly old-fashioned. I had some leftover apricot nectar from another recipe and stumbled upon this after doing an ingredient search...it was a great find and definitely a keeper!