I moved my mother to a retirement home in June and I am just now going through all of her recipes. This must have been one of my dad's favorites according to the stains on the card. The recipe came from my mom's next door neighbor. On the back of the card is a glaze recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend all ingredients in a large bowl, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until center springs back when touched lightly.
- Spread glaze over warm cake.
- Cool right side up for about 15 minutes.