Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe from and aunt. These are so lemony and light. A real delight!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 lb margarine
- 5 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 7 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 box confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- milk, enough to make a thick frosting
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy and light lemon in color.
- Then add eggs, lemon extract,slowly beating.
- Alternately add milk with two c.
- of flour at a time.
- Last add the baking powder.
- Mix just until blended.
- The dough will be sticky.
- (I flour my hands lightly so as to keep the dough from getting gooey) Also, you can leave part of the dough refrigerated while you work with the other part so it doesn't get too warm too fast.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day take dough by tsp.
- and roll into balls.
- Bake at 350*-conventional or 325* convection for approximately 10 min.
- The bottoms should be a light brown.
- This cookie is light in color.
- Frosting: With a whisk mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- The entire cookie must be emersed to totally coat all around.
- You want to enclose the whole cookie.
- Place on waxed lined cookie sheet and store in a cool place.
- Or you can refrigerate the cookies to let the frosting harden.