24 hrs 10 mins
I received this recipe from and aunt. These are so lemony and light. A real delight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 lb margarine
- 5 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 7 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy and light lemon in color.
- 2Then add eggs, lemon extract,slowly beating.
- 3Alternately add milk with two c.
- 4of flour at a time.
- 5Last add the baking powder.
- 6Mix just until blended.
- 7The dough will be sticky.
- 8(I flour my hands lightly so as to keep the dough from getting gooey) Also, you can leave part of the dough refrigerated while you work with the other part so it doesn't get too warm too fast.
- 9Wrap the dough in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- 10The next day take dough by tsp.
- 11and roll into balls.
- 12Bake at 350*-conventional or 325* convection for approximately 10 min.
- 13The bottoms should be a light brown.
- 14This cookie is light in color.
- 15Frosting: With a whisk mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 16The entire cookie must be emersed to totally coat all around.
- 17You want to enclose the whole cookie.
- 18Place on waxed lined cookie sheet and store in a cool place.
- 19Or you can refrigerate the cookies to let the frosting harden.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Dollies
Serving Size: 1 (2551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 106.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g