A little bit different than plain blueberry muffins.
Make and share this Lemon-Dipped Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tbsp of the sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the flour, the remaining 1/2 c sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Whisk the milk, oil, and egg in a bowl until blended.
- Pour this mixture into the well and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in blueberry mixture carefully.
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dip warm muffins in the glaze mixture and then in the sugar.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- For the glaze: Combine the butter and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
I had blueberries that needed to be used, and love the combination of lemon and blueberries; so I made these for breakfast this morning. They were quick to make and tasted wonderful.....even though I am pretty sure I skipped the salt! Thanks for posting! (I assumed that these were to be baked at 350 degrees)