1/1 Photo of Lemon-Dipped Blueberry Muffins
A little bit different than plain blueberry muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Toss blueberries with 2 tbsp of the sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Combine the flour, the remaining 1/2 c sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- 3Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- 4Whisk the milk, oil, and egg in a bowl until blended.
- 5Pour this mixture into the well and stir until just moistened.
- 6Fold in blueberry mixture carefully.
- 7Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 8Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Dip warm muffins in the glaze mixture and then in the sugar.
- 10Cool completely on a rack.
- 11For the glaze: Combine the butter and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Dipped Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 248.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g