Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was emailed to me as part of a salad recipe. The dressing intrigued me. It is wonderful over chicken salad with mixed greens or mixed with tuna for a deliciously different tuna salad. "The Best Diabetes Cookbook" by Katherine Younker.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large green onion, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, water, onion, garlic and dill.
- Whisk in oil until thoroughly combined; allow to sit at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes before serving to allow flavors to blend.
- Refrigerate leftovers, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
When I read this recipe I loved everything about it, except the dill. Not letting that discourage me I went ahead and made it using chives in place of the dill. I added a sprinkle of kosher salt and had a winning vinaigrette. Thanks so much Paula.
I enjoyed the flavors in this dressing. Next time I might try it with a little sugar thrown in. Thanks Paula!