Recipe by LAURIE
I love potatoes but I get tired of the same old twice baked with cheese and bacon, ecetera, ecetera, ecetera. These are just a little different from the ordinary.
Top Review by Rita~
I must say I don`t get tired of the same old twice baked potato with cheese and bacon. But this is a nice change! Makes you feel like you`re eating a bit healthier! This is more refreshing. Not so heavy feeling. Or should I say like comfort food. The lemon and dill makes this a summer side that I did enjoyed. But won`t give up on my twice baked potatoes.Thanks for opening my eyes to something different! I microwaved red potatoes for 8 minutes. Meamwhile I sauteed 1 clove of fresh minced garlic in the butter that I melted. Following the rest of the directions.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes and bake at 425°F until tender, approx 30-45 minutes depending on potato size.
- When done, remove from oven and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out each potato half, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl mix potato pulp and 3 TBS butter.
- Add rest of ingredients except the remaining butter.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pile mixture back into the potato shells.
- Place in buttered baking dish.
- Brush tops with remaining butter.
- Bake at 425°F for about 20 minutes until golden brown.