Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been making this recipe for years. I found it in the Weber's Art of the Grill cookbook. It perfectly combines light and intense flavors.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinnly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano, finely chopped
- 4 skewers
- TO MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE:.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette over the shrimp and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- TO MAKE THE SALAD:.
- Bring a medium saucepan three-quarters full of salted water to a boil.
- Add the orzo pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining vinaigrette and the feta cheese and toss well.
- Add the bell pepper, kalamata olives, scallions, and oregano. Toss again.
- Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer, bending each shrimp almost in half so that the skewer passes through it twice.
- Place the shrimp directly over high heat and grill, turning once, until the shrimp is just opaque inside with lightly browned edges, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- Serve the shrimp immediately over the pasta.