Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
The Art of the Grill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 lb.)
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, quartered
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, including tender green parts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 4 metal skewers (or bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- Make the vinaigrette: in a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl; pour ¼ cup vinaigrette over the shrimp; toss to coat well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Bring a medium saucepan ¾ full of salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente; drain then place in a bowl.
- To the orzo, add the remaining vinaigrette and the feta cheese; toss well.
- Add the bell pepper, olives, scallions, and oregano; toss well.
- Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer, bending each shrimp almost in half so that the skewer passes through it twice.
- Place the shrimp directly over high heat and grill, turning once, until just opaque inside with lightly browned edges, 4-5 minutes total.
- Serve shrimp immediately with the pasta.