Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a nice change from tartar sauce, it's great to serve along side of fish, plan ahead this needs to chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. One teaspoon or a small clove of fresh garlic is all that is needed or it will overpower the sauce, the flavours of this sauce will increase with chilling time, please adjust the dill to suit taste. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml grated lemon rind
- 44.37 ml lemon juice (can use more lemon juice)
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh dill (or use 1 teaspoon dried dill, or to taste)
- 4.92 ml fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- In a glass bowl whisk all ingredients together until well blended, adjusting all amounts to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
Excellent with salmon...made just as directed and it was a dinner party hit!
Yum! Great easy recipe! Since I didn't have an actual lemon, I didn't add the lemon rind and I used 1 tablespoon of freeze dried dill. I also drizzled it over the fish one minute before it was done cooking. Made for the Kittencal Cook-a-Thon.