These tasty patties are as economical and easy to make as they are delicious. They're fork food hot with fresh lemon wedges to squeeze over them. They make great cold sandwiches on rolls with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce. My big family with teens gets a hot meal and a cold meal from this recipe but a smaller family can freeze them for later enjoyment. Note -- Cooking time depends on how many skillets you are using at once.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bust up the salmon into flakes with a fork. I leave the bones and skin in because they pack a powerful nutritional punch.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil or butter, and mix well. Let rest 5 minutes.
- 3Add additional crumbs or milk if necessary to make a moist patty that holds together well.
- 4Heat a little olive oil or butter in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and cook patties until the first side is nicely browned. Turn and cook other side to a nice brown. Make as many batches as necessary, using 2 skillets if you have room on the stove to speed up the process.
- 5Tip -- do not turn too soon or the patty may fall apart. Plan to turn only once.
- 6Serve hot with lemon wedges to squeeze over them.
- 7Serve hot or cold as a sandwich on hard rolls with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
- 8Serve mini-patties as party snacks.
- 9For OAMC I suggest wrapping patties individually and reheating them in the microwave when wanted.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Dill Salmon Patties -- OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (2210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 74.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g