Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from the Chelsea Tea Room in Asheville North Carolina. I visited the Biltmore Estate and fell in love with the charming Biltmore Village! This recipe is fantastic and simple and reminds me of that wonderful vacation!
- 8 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 quarts water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- In a large pot, bring the water, chicken bouillon and 1 Tbs olive oil to a boil.
- Add the orzo and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender.
- Drain the orzo and rinse with plenty of cool water.
- Shake of excess water and reserve orzo at room temperature.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the other 1 Tbs olive oil.
- Toss in the orzo, dill, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix to combine and add the lemon juice.
- Toss to mix well and serve immediately.
Gorgeous taste blend. Actually used risotto rice because I had no orzo. Scorched the rice while cooking to add a little bite and texture. A hit!