Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am always looking for a diffrent way to cook my beloved green beans. My family will actually eat them if I start with fresh green beans. the directions are for cold green beans but I am sure you could serve them warm with the vinaigrette.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large saucepan bring 1 inch water to boiling. Place green beans on a steamer rack and set the rack in the pan. Cover and steam 7 minutes or until green beans are tender. Immediately transfer green beans to a bowl of ice water then drain.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, zest, dill, oil and mustard.
- Place green beans in a large serving bowl. Add dressing, toss lightly to coat.
These were really good. I steamed them in the microwave, served warm sprinkled with sauce (which I used dry ground mustard) then sprinkled with some salt, and pepper and it was delicious. A very healthy way to eat green beans. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
What a nice way to dresses up fresh beans. The lemon and dill really bring a nice brightness to fresh beans and the mustard adds a nice tangy depth. Made as written and will be making again. Thanks so much for the post.