Recipe by JanuaryBride
"This lemon and dill vinaigrette is a natural complement to green beans. It’s also great tossed with steamed asparagus or drizzled over sliced fresh tomatoes." From Eating Well Magazine. States it's low calorie, low fat, low sodium, and heart healthy.
Top Review by Boomette
I steamed the green beans. I didn't have fresh dill so I used 1 tsp of dried dill. I loved it that way. It's so yummy and easy to do. Thanks Jan :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover and cook until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk dill, shallot, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.