Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These green beans are relatively easy to make,although you need to roast the garlic ahead of time.Use only fresh Green beans and Dill.
- 4 cups fresh green beans
- 6 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt or Season-All salt
- Roast garlic in oven at 350 for 20 min,cool.
- Cover Green Beans with water.
- Bring to boil,high simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Shock beans in ice water bath,drain.
- Add olive oil to medium hot skillet.
- Add mashed garlic.
- Add green Beans,saute for another 4-5 minute.
- Add lemon juice ,saute for another 30 sec.
- just before serving toss with Dill and season salt.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and so glad I did. I cut the recipe in half had to use dried dill (out of fresh) but otherwise followed the instructions. Oh the smell of the roasted garlic (made the house smell wonderful) and the flavors all went together well. Definately making this again. Thank you for posting. Served with Buttery Red Bliss Potatoes#142501 and Pesto Crusted Tilapia#466722.
Very nice side! The roasted garlic, fresh green beans and olive oil work very well together. Made as written. Thanks for the post.
I love fresh green beans and this recipe is no exception. The roasted garlic adds great flavor as does the seasoning salt - something that I never think of using. Simple and quick to make. Very good!