Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Ms. Nola gave me this recipe she got from a magazine. She makes it for potlucks at her church.
- 2 medium romaine lettuce hearts, cleaned and chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut in cubes (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup baby carrots, cut in 1/4 inch coins
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juice of (2-3 T)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 large apple, cored (such as Cortland or Gala)
- In large bowl or portable container, combine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cherry tomatoes and cheese. Cover with lid or seal with plastic wrap. Place in fridge.
- In small bowl or portable container, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, honey, dill and salt and pepper. Whisk in oil in a thin stream, till blended. Coarsely grate apple in a food processor or by hand. Add to dressing. Cover with lid and seal tight. Place in fridge.
- To serve, toss apple dressing mixture over lettuce. Serve.