Fresh lemon and dill create a quick Greek-inspired pan sauce for simple sautéed chicken breasts. Make it a meal: Serve with roasted broccoli and whole-wheat orzo. Credit to Eating Well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 -1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- 2Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth, flour, 1 tablespoon dill and lemon juice in a measuring cup and add to pan. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Dill Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 26.6 g