Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is actually fairly low fat. If making to serve right a way, cook the chicken fully. If planning to freeze and serve later I prefer leave the chicken slighly undercooked. When reheating, the chicken will finish cooking. If desired, you can replace 1/2 cup of chicken broth with white wine.
- Mix flour and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Reserve left over flour.
- In non-stick skillet, heat 1 T oil over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, turning once. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms until softened. Sprinkle reserved flour over mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. If service right away, I like to add chicken back in for this step.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- To Freeze: place chicken in labeled freezer bag and pour sauce over. Seal and freeze. To reheat, thaw overnight in fridge. Warm chicken and sauce in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until heated trhough.