Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups diagonally cut carrots
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add carrot, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, rind, juice, celery salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in dill.
For the adult taste in you, this is great! This was quick and easy to make. I get so tired of plain veggies. The kids did not care for the seasonings so next time I'll fix them their own with just the chicken broth. Thanks Dorothy this is another keeper.
Just the right taste & color to compliment my scallop dinner. I used fresh dill and lite olive oil. Otherwise did not change a thing. I also served a low cal raw beet & apple salad and new potatoes. MMmm Thanks for another winner Dorothy
A nice easy side, with a nice fresh lemon and dill taste. A definate keeper.