Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Quick and easy side dish. I really like the flavor of the dijon mustard and the dill.
Top Review by love4culinary
This was a nice and simle side to prepare with dinner, quite tasty too!! :-) I think that the mustard and dill were a bit iffy to some, but I guess thats what happens when you try to serve something YUMMY!! to people who usually eat their veggies plain...and out of a can *blech*. hehe Thanks for the great recipe and the note about toasting almonds! That helped!!!
- 1 lb green beans, can use fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I usually steam the green beans for 5-7 minutes to get them a bit tender.
- Melt butter or margarine in large frying pan.
- Add green beans and cook on medium hight heat until coated with butter.
- Add lemon juice, mustard and dill.
- Toss with beans until coated well and heated through.
- Check taste, add salt or pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle with toased almonds before serving.
- Note, almonds can be toasted in oven on a baking sheet 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.