Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy side dish. I really like the flavor of the dijon mustard and the dill.
Make and share this Lemon Dijon Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb green beans, can use fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper
- I usually steam the green beans for 5-7 minutes to get them a bit tender.
- Melt butter or margarine in large frying pan.
- Add green beans and cook on medium hight heat until coated with butter.
- Add lemon juice, mustard and dill.
- Toss with beans until coated well and heated through.
- Check taste, add salt or pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle with toased almonds before serving.
- Note, almonds can be toasted in oven on a baking sheet 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
This was a nice and simle side to prepare with dinner, quite tasty too!! :-) I think that the mustard and dill were a bit iffy to some, but I guess thats what happens when you try to serve something YUMMY!! to people who usually eat their veggies plain...and out of a can *blech*. hehe Thanks for the great recipe and the note about toasting almonds! That helped!!!
Quick and easy and tasty! Green beans are one of the few veggies DH will eat, so I'm always looking for new ideas. I skipped the almonds, but otherwise followed the recipe. Nice and tangy with the crispy beans. Thanks!