Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sauce is wonderful on vegetables. Or use it on Eggs Benedict for a change.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (may need more)
- Melt the butter over low heat, and add the Dijon and lemon juice, mixing well.
- When slightly heated, stir in the cream, 1/4 cup at a time until it is the consistency you like.
- Serve over vegetables.
This was very tasty! I did add some orange zest with the dijon and juice, and I used half and half instead of heavy cream. I spooned the sauce over seafood ravioli and it was wonderful! Rich and flavorful, and simple to make, besides. A real keeper!
I made this after a failed attempt at a Marsala sauce in which I used Merlot (because I did not have Marsala on hand). Yuck. This sauce saved the day! It was amazing.
This went well over my steamed broccoli and julienned carrots. A real keeper for me. I do confess though to adding a little bit of sugar as my lemon was very tart. :)