Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious flavor, perfect for company, easy enough for everyday.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins, pounded thin
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups dry breadcrumbs (not freshly grated)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 -8 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 4 tablespoons capers, with juices
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl whisk mustard and eggs.
- In another combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip pounded chx into egg mixture, then in bread crumb mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil (do in 2-3 batches as not to overcrowd pan).
- Cook chicken about 4-5 minutes per side, remove and transfer chicken to platter until all chicken is done.
- In pan mix glaze ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, add chicken and spoonsauce over top to coat and reheat chicken. Serve warm with rice.
Really great dinner! I did make a few minor changes... such as using Italian seasoned bread crumbs since that's what I have... and I used way way way less than 3 cups of them for 4 large chicken breasts. Also only needed 2 eggs and 2 T dijon and had some left over still. I kept the sauce amount the same to have enough to go with the rice. Love this sauce. Tangy and rich at the same time. I did add a touch of corn starch to thicken it just a bit. I'll be making this one again!