Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Very flavorful baked chicken. Went over HUGE with my family!!
- 2 medium lemons
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 roasting chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, cut in halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze 3TBSP juice from lemons, reserve squeezed lemon halves. Combine parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oil, rosemary, pepper and salt in small bowl; blend well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Place chicken on rack in baking pan. Gently slide fingers between skin and meat and drumsticks to separate skin from meat, careful not to tear skin. Spoon parsley mixture between skin and meat (secure breast skin with toothpicks, if necessary). Discard any remaining mixture. Place lemon halves in cavity of chicken. Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes with reserved parsley mixture until coated. Arrange potatoes around chicken, bake for 1 hour, or until juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.