Recipe by Engrossed
This is my simple, healthy and tasty way to make asparagus! This is also good with balsamic vinegar in place of lemon juice. Yes, this is has very strong flavors but I love it! I recently made this with carrot ribbons made with my vegetable peeler and it was a great addition.
Top Review by Pyxiemouse
I had to add a pinch of natural sugar and dilute it with a tablespoon or two of water, but after that the sauce was great. It is the healthiest way I know to eat asparagus, and made me fall in love with it all over again!
- 1 (12 ounce) bagfrozen thin asparagus spears (I use Trader Joe's frozen) or 1 (12 ounce) bagfresh thin asparagus spears (I use Trader Joe's frozen)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with oil. Heat over medium-high.
- Add asparagus spears. Try to get them all flat in the pan. Turn a few times until lightly browned and heated through, but still bright green and crisp tender.
- Stir together juice of 1 lemon, Dijon mustard and black pepper to taste (I put a lot). Pour mixture into pan with asparagus and toss. Cook 1 minute until heated.
- Serve immediately.
- I like to serve this with simple baked chicken breasts or fish.