- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter (or margarine, but butter will give a better taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a one-cup glass measuring cup, mix sugar and cornstarch together; then whisk in water, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt.
- Microwave uncovered on High, stirring every 30 seconds, until sauce is thickened and boiling; it will take 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add butter and keep stirring until sauce is smooth.
- Serve sauce warm over gingerbread, bread pudding, or any type of plain cake.