Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Serve over bread puddings, cake, ice cream, fruit cups, etc.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Microwave butter for 20-30 seconds on High in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add to butter.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and peel.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes on High, until boiling, stirring once serve warm.
Made this primarily as a sauce for pound cake & ice cream & we weren't disappointed! I did use lemon juice instead of the zest (Don't know what got into me!), & another time I might just use have the juice & almost all the zest ~ I really do love the taste of lemon! Thanks for a nice keeper of a recipe here! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]