Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this sauce on gingerbread or fresh fruit, especially strawberries. It is also good on pound cake and ice cream.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Stir in boiling water and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 3 minutes until clear and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, lemon rind and salt.
A nice, simple sauce. Good on poundcake, just as she said! :) Easy to make.
Simple and delicious - this has the perfect sweet/tangy balance that you want in a lemon sauce and is yummy on just about anything! Thanks very much for posting.
Used this sauce on Happy Cake ( Pound Cake ) & it was exactly what I was looking for. Perfectly tart with fresh squeezed lemon juice, it complimented the pound cake nicely. I made just as written without any trouble thickening. Thank you for posting, Andrea. I'll be coming back to this recipe again.