Recipe by Jellyqueen
I received this recipe from a friend at work. If you like lemon, you will like this dessert. It is quick and easy and makes a wonderful dish to take to potlucks and family luncheons. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip (or whipped cream)
- 2 boxes cook and serve lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling, prepared by directions on box (Be sure to check box for ingredients that may be needed.)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Bottom Crust: Mix flour, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and margarine together.
- Press lightly into greased 11x14 dish.
- Cook 15 minutes on 350 degrees F.
- Cool completely.
- Middle Layer:Mix softened cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar and Cool Whip (even better if you whip heavy cream).
- When crust is cooled, spread mixture on top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top Layer: (Best if made the night before) Make lemon pie filling by directions on box.
- After cooking pour in a bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning stir lemon pie filling and spoon over top of middle layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.