Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
My mother gave me this recipe and it has been a favorite ever since.
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained & reserved
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Cream dry jello into softened cream cheese.
- Add 4 cups of boiling water and reserved juice from the pineapple. Stir well.
- Let set, about 3 hours.
- Add the pineapple.
- Whip the cream and fold in .
- Pour into a 9x13 glass dish and let set.
This was very yummy! The texture is light and airy. The flavor is very subtle with the taste of pineapple. It is a very refreshing dessert during the hot days of summer. This is very similar to a recipe that my grandmother made which was a family favorite. My family really enjoyed this dessert. Thank you for sharing this recipe...it is definitely a keeper.